CentaraThe1Card GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONSThe CentaraThe1Card rewards programme membership (herein also known as C1C) and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Centara Hotels & Resorts. Hotel brands currently participating in the programme include properties listed on www.centarahotelsresorts.com and www.centara1card.com. Brands may be added or deleted at the sole discretion of CentaraThe1Card.
The rights and obligations of the CentaraThe1Card under the programme may be assigned or transferred by Centara Hotels & Resorts to any other related or unrelated entity at any time, and performance thereafter shall be the responsibility of that entity.
Programme Sponsor - The programme is operated by CentaraThe1Card.
1. Membership Eligibility and Fee - Membership in the programme is available to individuals (you) as stated in these Terms and Conditions. You may maintain only one account. Companies and/or other entities cannot enrol. There is no enrollment fee for this programme.
2. Membership Card (Card) - Card is a property of CentaraThe1Card. The Card must be signed by you. To receive the benefits of the programme, you must provide membership number or present your card each time you request any of the services which fall part of the programme. In the case of lost or stolen Card, you shall promptly report lost or stolen card to CentaraThe1Card Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you are Thai residents and expatriates who already have The 1 Card, you may request to register at www.centara1card.com/signup or inform hotel front desk or staff upon check-in before earning points at Centara Hotels & Resorts and please continue to use your existing The 1 card issued by Central Retails Corporations. Points issued by CentaraThe1Card is managed by Centara Loyalty Management, which is different from The 1 Card. If your card is lost or stolen, you may print the virtual card from your online acount at www.centara1card.com or contact Centara Membership Services at email@example.com
3. Programme Availability - CentaraThe1Card reserves the right to restrict, suspend, discontinue or cancel this programme upon 90 days' written notice to all active members. In that event, your right to receive CentaraThe1Card points may end 90 days' after we notify you and your right to redeem CentaraThe1Card points may end 180 days after we notify you, no matter what the level of your participation in the programme. CentaraThe1Card points for all members not presented for redemption on or before such redemption end date cannot be redeemed.
4. Membership Cancellation - CentaraThe1Card reserves the right to cancel any CentaraThe1Card membership and revoke any and all unredeemed CentaraThe1Card points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to:
2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this programme
3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges
4) failure to pay for hotel charges
5) a cheque to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason
6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this programme
7) more than one active account per member
8) physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or Centara Hotels & Resorts personnel
9) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the programme or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by CentaraThe1Card in its sole discretion.
5. Changes in Terms and Conditions - CentaraThe1Card and its partners reserve the right to change, limit, modify or cancel programme Terms and Conditions (including the number of CentaraThe1Card points issued for an eligible stay), regulations, benefits, conditions of participation, rewards and reward levels in whole or part at any time, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. You will be bound by any such changes.
6. Notice of Changes - Any such changes will be shown in these Terms and Conditions on the www.centara1card.com and will be effective immediately unless stated otherwise. A notice that a change has been made will be placed on the website for a reasonable period of time. Any changes to any printed version of the Terms and Conditions will be contained in the next reprinting of that printed version. CentaraThe1Card will attempt to notify active members of major programme changes, but will not be liable for failure to do so, and all members will nevertheless be bound. An active member is defined as any member having point activity (accrual or redemption) within the last 12 months.
7. Legal Rights - Neither the programme nor any benefit offered by the programme creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by members against CentaraThe1Card.
8. Data Privacy - Under the data protection legislation of various countries, we are required to particularly draw your attention to the fact that by applying for membership or by continuing to exercise the privileges of membership and in order to make it possible for CentaraThe1Card to perform its obligations under the programme, you accept and explicitly authorise that your personal information which is supplied by you in the enrolment form or during the course of your programme membership:
(ii) may be transferred worldwide to any third parties with which CentaraThe1Card is affiliated within the scope of the programme ("CentaraThe1Card Partner Programme") or to third parties to process your personal data on our behalf or where required by applicable law or in the event of a company reorganisation, merger or acquisition, for use of such information for its (their) administration of membership records, guest service, advertising, marketing and communication purposes.
(iii) We may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, fax, telephone or email. Also, as an additional value-added benefit, we are offering you the opportunity to receive information on goods or services that may be of interest or value to you by providing various companies a mailing list of CentaraThe1Card members. If you no longer wish to receive commercial communications by email, you may at anytime unsubscribe from these commercial offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of these emails, without this affecting your membership.
(iv) The 1 Card members also agree by accepting the CentaraThe1Card terms and conditions that they allow the transfer of their personal information/data to Centara Hotels & Resorts and CentaraThe1Card.
9. Right of Access to Data - You are responsible for restricting access to and maintaining the confidentiality of your membership account and password and you agree to accept responsibility for the activities of anyone using your password.
10. Special Services - You are entitled to special services and benefits at Centara Hotels & Resorts. Benefits and services may change from time to time and may vary by hotel, country and geographical region. Members receive free enrollment into the CentaraThe1Card rewards programme and shall receive hotel benefits that vary by hotel and region. They include but are limited to the following: beverages, welcome drink, fresh fruit, daily complimentary weekday newspaper, complimentary internet access during stay, access to exclusive offers and promotions during may be available during stay, pre-registration for easy check-in, priority waitlist for room reservation, personal choice including pillow selection, a VIP treatments, one complimentary suit pressing or item of laundry, best available room upgrade or Club access, guaranteed room availability, guaranteed late check-out 14.00 until by 15.00 hrs. and extra hours guaranteed early check-in by 09.00 hrs.(based upon request, availability and membership level). (See section 12,13)
11. Points and Qualifying nights - CentaraThe1Card member will earn 5 points per 30 Thai baht or 1 US Dollar for eligible rates and eligible charges paid for by CentaraThe1Card member. You will earn double points for eligible rates when booked directly through Centara Hotels and Resorts (See section 11.1). Membership number MUST be provided or/and acceptance of CentaraThe1Card membership at check-in or at the time of payment. You can earn points for up to 9 rooms (eligible rates) where you have booked and paid under your name but the number of eligible nights is based on the Member's room only. Points are not accrued for taxes, VAT, GST, service charges and gratuities. Points will be credited to your account after check out within 7 working days. Earning points before member registration are completely not valid. Qualifying nights will be counted towards membership status (See section 12).
- Stays booked at www.centarahotelsresorts.com, www.centara1card.com or www.centaradeals.com but NOT the stays booked at and online third party travel agent (such as Agoda.com, Expedia.com, Booking.com, etc.)
- Eligible rates include all public corporate but NOT the following rates; Group corporate, Group Series, Group Leisure rates, MICE, Banquet, Crew rates, travel industry discount rates, Employee rates, Wholesale rates
- Double points will be earned for eligible rates when booked directly through Centara Hotels and Resorts and CentaraThe1Card website
11.3 Bonus points - CentaraThe1Card Silver, Gold and Platinum Elite memberships will receive a 10%, 25% and 50% bonus points (room only) respectively based on eligible rates (See section 12).
11.4 Validity of points - CentaraThe1Card points are valid for 2 years from check-out date or purchasing date. You can transfer points to or from The 1 Card, however, any tranferred points will be valid for 12 months from the date of transfer. Points can be earned after you have registered at www.centara1card.com.
11.5 Points have no value - CentaraThe1Card points are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit and have no value until presented for redemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of this programme. Points have no fixed or ascertainable cash value. Members have no ownership interest in accrued points and accrued points do not constitute property of the members. Use of the word "earn" in marketing materials in relation to CentaraThe1Card points shall mean "collect" and shall not infer that the points have any value until they are presented for redemption. Points may not be sold and are not transferable except as otherwise stated herein.
11.6 Points Adjustments - The points listed in your CentaraThe1Card account are subject to change to reflect actual stay information, and any adjustments and programme changes. If you believe your account activity statement is inaccurate, contact CentaraThe1Card Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.centara1card.com. Point adjustments will not be made more than 30 days after the service date. Please keep all of your hotel room receipts for your records, as they will be required for point adjustment requests.
11.7 Point Transfers - CentaraThe1Card points cannot be transferred to other members' accounts.
While this feature is not available now, CentaraThe1Card will advise when point transfer feature is available in the future.
However, you can transfer CentaraThe1Card points to our partners such as The 1 card or vice versa. Points that are transferred do not count towards your membership status (See the transfer ratios at section 22.1).
11.8 Point Purchase - You can purchase points to be credited to your CentaraThe1Card membership account. Additional information about point purchase is available on www.centara1card.com under “purchase points”. Points that are purchased do not count to towards you membership status.
11.9 Free Spending money program - by Centara Hotels and Resorts or/and CentaraThe1Card. You will earn points for PAID amount but NOT the extra/ total credited or spending value. For full detail and participating hotels go to www.centarahotelsresorts.com/bahtbonanza
11.10 Other Point Awards - Points may be distributed as rewards, recognition, or incentives by Centara Hotels & Resorts to guests and hotel employees, and also by other companies with whom CentaraThe1Card has agreements with their employees and customers.
- CentaraThe1Card Silver membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 15 nights at eligible rates or if you earn at least 7,500 points during a membership year
- CentaraThe1Card Gold membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 30 nights at eligible rates or if you earn at least 30,000 points during a membership year
- CentaraThe1Card Platinum Elite membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 50 nights at eligible rates or if you earn at least 75,000 points during a membership year
15. Communications Not Received - CentaraThe1Card is not liable for lost or misdirected correspondence, requests, freight, or reward certificates that may be incomplete, illegal, delayed, lost or stolen.
16. No Guarantees on Merchandise - CentaraThe1Card, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and agents make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to items of merchandise or products or services of partners, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, any legal fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items or as a result of any defect or failure of such items. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are specifically disclaimed.
17. Restricted by Law - This programme or participation therein is not valid and/or the awarding of membership points or partner miles/credits and/or the granting of rewards is void where prohibited or restricted by law in the country of the member's domicile.
18. Programme Violations - Programme violations, suspected fraud or abuse in relation to point credit or reward usage is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities, including, without limitation, freezing your account, the forfeiture of all point transfers, rewards, vouchers, or merchandise issued pursuant to point redemptions and any accrued points or miles in your account, as well as cancellation of the account and your future participation in the programme.
19. Maintaining Account Information - You can view your CentaraThe1Card rewards account details and activity, and update your personal information and communication preferences on www.centara1card.com. You will need to provide your email address and password to access this information online. You agree to provide accurate information to the programme and to promptly communicate any changes to your contact information via the CentaraThe1Card website or by contacting Centara The1Card Membership Services.
20. Programme Interpretation - Interpretations of programme Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Centara Hotels & Resorts and CentaraThe1Card. CentaraThe1Card reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions or any rules related to the programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice and subject to local laws and regulations.
21. Reward Redemption.
Point values for any hotel or destination may change at any time. Points have no value until presented for redemption by the member. CentaraThe1Card members who cancel their reward night reservation CentaraThe1Card points used for that reservation will be forfeited and are not refundable. Members who do do not use their reservation (no-show), the points redeemed for the no-showed reward night reservation will be forfeited and not re-deposited into the CentaraThe1Card member's account. All reservations must be guaranteed with credit card number that is valid throughout the entire stay.
Full prepayment applied based on all-night stay (other than reward night redemption) at applicable room rate and are non refundable. Full charge applied based on all-night stay in case of non-arrival, shortened stay or early departure. Booking amendment is not permitted. Last minute rates are bookable in advance up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
CentaraThe1Card members may redeem points for reward nights by redeeming the reward nights online at www.centara1card.com Members must be logged in to redeem points online for a reward night. Reward night reservations require a credit card to guarantee the reservation. Reward night reservations can be cancelled online but cannot be modified.
21.2 Reward Gift vouchers. Gift vouchers cannot be replaced if lost. They can be transferred to another person (like a blank cheque). Gift vouchers cannot be cancelled after purchase. Members can purchase as many vouchers as they wish. CentaraThe1Card maintains the right to change the point cost of gift vouchers at any time without notice. CentaraThe1Card members may redeem points for reward Gift voucher by redeeming online at www.centara1card.com.
The voucher holder will need to present the redemption acknowlegment at Front Desk when checking in for a credit against hotel services. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash if not fully used. Where services are paid for using Gift vouchers such payments will not be eligible for points credits. The voucher is valid for 1 year after redemption.
21.3 Other Redemption Options CentaraThe1Card points may be redeemed for variety of products and services. Points redeemed will not be cancelled and re-deposited into the CentaraThe1Card member's account.
22.1 The 1 Card - CentaraThe1Card is fully integrated with The 1 Card issued by Central Retails Corporation. In order to earn points from your spend at Centara Hotels & Resorts, the completed registration at www.centara1card.com is required.
Points earned on your spend at Central Retails Corporations will be credited to The 1 Card account while points earned on your spend at Centara Hotels & Resorts will be credited to CentaraThe1Card account which points can be transferred over between two accounts for rewards.
Please note that non-Thai residents which prefix card number starts with 69xx xxx xxx, points earned from Central Retails Corporations will be automatically credited to CentaraThe1Card account within 7 days after process date and do not count towards the membership status. For every 10 The 1 Card points which is transferred, you will receive 8 CentaraThe1Card points or vice versa.
For any query regarding to the accumulation of points earned with The 1 Card, please visit www.the-1-card.com
23. CentaraThe1Card Membership Services - For more information or if you have questions about CentaraThe1Card programme, please contact our Membership Services at CentaraThe1Card 11th floor, Centara Grand at CentralWorld 999/99 Rama I Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
T: +66 (0) 2 769 1234 ext 2
F: +66 (0) 2 769 1211